Wednesday 3 February 2010

Burns and Hair


 
I am still trying to get over the fact that Lin chucked out my haggis recipe....I am not used to such rebuffs. Fortunately however I did not make the same mistake and forced encouraged everybody here to celebrate the Great Bard's day with a tatties, neeps and haggis supper followed by an impromtu Highland Games which got very silly. Hope you enjoyed Burn's Night wherever you were.
 

As you can see from the top picture I really do need a haircut! Ags, the outgoing Base Commander, has been running a barber shop for the 150ish male workers here and at last agreed to let the 6 females approach her scissors!

 





I'm glad that I couldn't see the expression on her face!




But I have to say that I am very impressed with the end result! 

  






2 comments:

  1. Ha, you are looking great with your new hairdo!

    where is your hairdresser heading? might want to look her up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoops! Sorry about the haggis recipe! We didn't make it out on Burn's night; I bet it was colder here than where you are!
    Sounds like you had a good celebration. Was impressed with the caber tossing, must be some strong blokes there!
    You're looking well Lorna, the new hairdo is good!
    Lin

    ReplyDelete